Issue getting ArcGIS Collector GPS metadata to come through to Feature Service

12-29-2017 11:48 AM
IowaHSEMD
New Contributor II

I followed the procedures here to run the python script and add the GNSS Metadata Fields to my feature class. After adding the fields I used ArcGIS Desktop to publish the Feature Layer to AGOL. I'm using the integrated receiver on my iOS device and get an accuracy reading of 16.4ft. When I view the new submissions in AGOL all ESRIGNSS fields are null. Relevant Collector settings: GPS Averaging (5 locations), 1 second streaming interval, 30 ft required accuracy, reporting 95% confidence and default location profile, iOS v 17.0.4. What might I be missing in order to get these fields to populate on submission of a new point?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Maybe the "Internal GPS receiver" is not able to provide that detail.

Here's a link I found from EOS too

Guidelines and useful links for recording GPS/GNSS metadata in Esri’s Collector for ArcGIS | Eos Pos... 

-Bill

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

I think the integrated GPS is known as AGPS for Assisted GPS which may not provide that metadata

0 Kudos
IowaHSEMD
New Contributor II

Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I had a similar thought but figured I would at least get some of the available metadata like Lat & long. The fact that I'm not getting any of the metadata fields makes me think I have something else going on.

0 Kudos
IowaHSEMD
New Contributor II

I found this post where it is stated that you can collect data on internal receivers or GNSS. dmorgenthaler-esristaff‌ references the same post I used to find the python scripts to create the necessary data fields.

Feature Layer Fields

0 Kudos
MalcolmMeyer2
Occasional Contributor II

Using Collector in iOS. I have a similar issue, but in one feature layer the data is being collected, so I know the feature is working with our unit. This layer was created from the default GPS collection layer by Esri. In another layer I added the appropriate fields, but the GPS data is not being added. I even removed them and added them again in AGOL per these instructions - Record GPS metadata—Collector for ArcGIS (Classic) | ArcGIS but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos