Is it possible to use Collector for ArcGIS or Dashboard without ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS?

08-06-2014 08:51 AM
Luiz_PauloBeghelli_Junior
New Contributor

Dear all,

I'm trying to build a prototype at my organization using our specific data to show the usefulness of Collector and Dashboard Apps to our workflow.

The ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1, ArcSDE Enterprise GDB 10.1 and ArcGIS for Server 10.1 are the only ESRI solutions available for me and I would like to know if it's possible to use these Apps directly connected to the services published and exposed to the internet through ArcGIS Server 10.1 (using the WebAdaptor 10.1 etc.).

I've already used the Collector successfully by publishing the services through an ArcGIS Online trial account, but now I would like to use the apps without using ArcGIS Online or the extension Portal for ArcGIS. Is it possible?

I would really appreciate any help that you can provide.

Luiz.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III

Hi. The Collector app and Dashboard are using webmaps created in ArcGIS Online or in Portal. So you need at least ArcGIS Online. But you should have access to ArcGIS Online, because ESRI gives you access to this as long as you have Licenses for ArcGIS Desktop. So contact ESRI or your local distributor.

Kjetil