How to extract collected data from Collector apps when the sync fails, or simply giving this error message "An error occurred while synchronizing edits."

12-05-2014 05:42 AM
oladipoakinpelumi
New Contributor

Hi,

Please I need an urgent solution to this .....How to extract collected data using USB from Collector apps when the sync fails other than WiFi, as it simply keeps on displaying this error message "An error occurred while synchronizing edits."

Meanwhile, syncing was successful after 2 days of data collection using WiFi.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Occasional Contributor III

Can you provide more information?  Are you using Android?  Are they your internally hosted ArcGIS Server services?  What type of synching are you referring to?  Are there relationship classes or attachments in the data?  Is there a two-way SDE replica involved?

oladipoakinpelumi
New Contributor

Hi Marianne,

Yes, am using android tablet (Xplore-model), and is hosted in ArcGIS Online server. The source is feature service (Household for Microcensus) but no attachments. A two-way SDE replica is involved. Am referring to syncing the edits made on the feature classes daily from collected survey data in offline mode (while on field) by connecting to a WiFi into the ArcGIS Online server for visualization and analysis.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

In 10.3 Desktop there is a GP tool that will allow you to transfer data from the Runtime geodatabase to a file geodatabase. The tool is called Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase and it is under the Conversion Tools > To Geodatabase.

Russ

Occasional Contributor III

We experienced issues similar to what you're describing which ended up being due to the replica generations being out of synch.  A script I have running each night synchronizes our field SDE gdbs with our internal SDE gdbs, and it was synching them "From Geodatabase 1 to Geodatabase 2," and the generations became upset.  I worked with Esri support, and though we never determined exactly why the issue occurred, synchronizing in the "Both" direction has resolved the issue.

To check the generations, right-click the parent SDE connection -> Distributed Geodatabase -> Manage Replicas -> right-click the replica in question -> Properties -> Advanced -> observe generation numbers.  Repeat process for child SDE connection, and compare the numbers

I attempted to resolve the issues by importing/exporting messages, but in the end had to manually port the changes into the parent db and rebuild the replica.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos