Hosted feature layer not showing in collector

03-04-2015 09:52 AM
TravisSmith1
New Contributor III

I have a feature service hosted on our own server. I'm able to see the service on AGOL and load it as a feature layer in a web map. I'm able to edit the feature layer through the web map interface. Sync capability is enabled. When I log into Collector on my mobile device, I can see the web map I published with my feature service, however, when I open the map, none of the data shows up. The layers are all listed in the layer list, but they're all disabled and I can't turn them on. When I try to download the map locally to the device, it errors out. What is the problem here? Why does everything work fine online but not in Collector? Thanks.

Tags (1)
30 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue is about the filter you applied. Currently the filter is not supported to be offline.

In Android, you will see additional issue that fails to be downloaded. In Android, you can't take duplicate service offline (add the same service into webmap twice or more).

JohnSepenoski1
New Contributor

Thank you.  Do you mean that all filters are not supported or that I have a particular one that causes the problem since I am using multiple filters?  I am using IOS so I am not having the other issue you describe.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

All the filters are not supported offline.

JoshuaCarver-Brown1
New Contributor III

I've facing the same issue. I tried applying filters to copies of a service in order to have multiple symbols. However, this filtering didn't carry through when in disconnected mode, as John and Miaogeng mentioned. One solution suggested was to have multiple copies of the feature service in my mxd with filters and publish these. I really would like to work with one data set, rather than having copies. Are there any working solutions out there?

0 Kudos
BrendaFennel_GISP
New Contributor III

I also had (have) an issue with a hosted feature service (FS) with subtypes and domains that was working beautifully in AGOL web maps and on Collector UNTIL I changed the symbol type for the line feature in the web map to use attribute values (i.e. I used the [surface_ type] values to symbolize each type by a different color).  The service continued to work , with domains intact, for editing in the web map. However, when I opened the web map in Collector, the domains were replaced with text entry fields. Apparently this may be a bugg according to ESRI Support.  I am now on my third support call to repair the feature service with the attachments, the first two calls left me with a new feature service that lost all the original attachments (field photos) and a mess of symbol colors and popups to be reconfigured. So, I rebuild my file geodatabase with records from exports from two of the feature services that contained the records. I then edited all the corrupt or missing attribute data, published a new feature service making sure to define the symbols in ArcMap! But I still wanted my photos!  I had saved them to the device (ipad) SO I called support again as I was not able to determine how to attach a photo from a file while in the Collector..... Today Divyan (ESRI Server Support Staff in India) is trying an approach that I hope works, he is creating a replica of the original Feature Service that  should have the attachments, through the item details>about>more details>service url>create replica and changing: listing the layers (0,1,2), data format to: File GDB, setting Return Attachments to True...he is downloading the .zip file and hopefully returning a repaired file to me as promised...he just called back and has posted his work for me to download..he was not able to combine the two files....but he is continuing to test the Collector to see if he can reattach the photos from a file on the device.. Let's wish him Best of Luck!  AND DON"T USE The new symbols in AGOL till they fix this or write a better warning message.....thanks for letting me vent!

0 Kudos
BrendaFennel_GISP
New Contributor III

It's me again...I found an old school way to re-attach my photos, I emailed them to myself (ipad to desktop) then just saved them to the server and went in each feature and browsed to the file to reattach.  I know some programmers could probably write a script for this???  because it is bound to happen to someone else with a lot more records to deal with than I had (only around a hundred)...

0 Kudos
ShelbySouthworth
New Contributor III

Hey Brenda (et al.) - I know this won't help you right now, but I logged an idea through ESRI to make information regarding open bugs available directly through the ArcGIS Resource documentation online after a similar issue. In the interest of all I'm trying to get more visibility and more votes up on this one. I have legitimately wasted days of time waiting to hear from ESRI just so they can tell me that yes there is a bug, and here are the work-arounds that have been developed.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/11858?commentID=37416#comment-37416 

TravisSmith1
New Contributor III

I'm unable to hit the rest services. Not sure why. I'm connected to our secure wi-fi network.

0 Kudos
KevinJohnson15
New Contributor

I am struggling with the same issue; AGOL services work but Hosted services are not working for the data data schema and i really don't know what the issue is.

0 Kudos
CMPDDGIS
New Contributor III

I understand that this is an old post but I am not finding a straight answer to this question.  I am experiencing 'grey out' in my layers list.

I have one layer that is my editable point file.

I have three others that I need to load in as reference layers for disconnected editing.

This is what my settings are before I publish the layer.  I only have one county boundary in the feature layer.

The layer shows in my Web Map and is shared to the arcgis account for collector.

When I open Collector the layer does not show and in the layers list is greyed out and can not be turned on. This is what I am getting on the collector app when I load in a hosted layer with all feature access capabilities turned on.  My collector layer 'Code enforcement' works and can be turned on and off and edited but all other hosted feature layers that are loaded cannot be turned on.  

All of these layers work fine in the AGOL web map and are hosted on AGOL, published from the same GDB on our network.

Thanks in advance for any help!

#Collector  @Collector4ArcGIS

0 Kudos