Hide web map for Collector For ArcGIS

05-04-2016 06:48 AM
AndrewCallison
New Contributor III

Is there away to to hide web maps from the Collector that are not meant to be used with collector?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

For better or worse, Collector will only display maps shared with a group

0 Kudos
PublicGardens
New Contributor II

i dont think this is accurate!  because my web maps are displayed on the Collector , but nor shared with anyone !

0 Kudos
GISSupport3

Odd ... can you please post a screen dump of the sharing window from the map details page?

0 Kudos
PublicGardens
New Contributor II

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
GISSupport3

Odder ... you got me there. No one (other than admins) should be able to see that map.

Something for your local Support to follow up.

Could try adding a group called HiddenMaps and then only have yourself in it.

Expected behaviour is must be in a group (and editbale) to be displayed in Collector.

PublicGardens
New Contributor II

Thank you so much .. appreciate your help! i did nt know that admins will see all maps. i tried it from another user and the maps are not displayed in collector.

i need ur help in another issue concerning collector , if possible pls.

issue #1: i have a web map that i cannot take offline. i get an error when i "enable offline" : Wb map can not be taken offline ... bla bla

issue #2: i am not able to add a point on collector ( submit/ update) error: cannot update/ generate token..on IOS ONLY everything is working fine on Android device

i appreciate if u can guide me through this !
    THANK YOU

0 Kudos
GISSupport3

Best to start two new questions on the forum ... not sure I'll have too much to offer and there are many others that will read.

PS I didn't think admins had special view powers either, though it worked out in the end.

PublicGardens
New Contributor II

actually , i did post these questions before, but no one replied , anyway thank u so much

0 Kudos