Filter Arcade Expression

04-22-2020 08:29 AM
MKF62
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have a scenario that I want to use in Collector, but I'm thinking it's probably not how the "filter" arcade expression is intended to be used in Collector and won't work. I would test it, but I'm just not adept enough at arcade to figure out if I'm doing it right or not. Arcade expressions are only applied to fields correct? Not the actual features themselves? That's why I'm thinking this might not work.

Scenario:

A bird survey is done twice at the same monitoring points each season. The first survey gets completed so there's a bunch of data around the monitoring point. When they go out for the second survey, I don't want to see that data anymore; essentially I want to start with a "clean" monitoring point (while still having the first survey stored in the database obviously). Is this possible with a filter arcade expression?

If it is possible, will the first survey data still be inaccessible to edit by them down the line? I can hide the data using a filter when I set up the web map online, but then it makes that first set of survey data inaccessible to them on collector which I'd like to avoid.

Basically, I need to be able to show/hide individual pieces of data dynamically in Collector.

Ideas welcome.

0 Kudos
0 Replies