Feature snapping

Jump to solution
08-17-2014 04:33 PM
KevinChan1
New Contributor II

Is feature snapping not supported? Or is there a way to work around it?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We currently do not have feature snapping but we do allow you to copy the shape or collect directly on top of a feature with Collector Here option.

Russ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

We currently do not have feature snapping but we do allow you to copy the shape or collect directly on top of a feature with Collector Here option.

Russ

KevinChan1
New Contributor II

Ah yes thanks for your reply and the insight, Russell. Maybe it's easier to describe my problem with a scenario.

Let say I'm collecting data for different parts of a stream/river. Each polyline represents a different waterway class of whether it's a permanent one or overland flow path. After drawing one, I tried your approach of using the copy function, where it shows up 3 options "like this one" "like this one, new shape" and "with the same shape" --> leading towards the different classes.

I tried all 3 but unable to find a solution where I'd like to snap the end point of previous drawn line to my new start point (very much like how you'd draw it on desktop editing mode). Is there a way to do it?

Thanks!

Kevin

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently this is not supported but thank you for this info. This will be useful when we enhance our data collection workflows.

Russ

KevinChan1
New Contributor II

Thanks Russ

0 Kudos