I am trying to connect our Leica GG04 to Collector through a virtual serial port driver but collector is not opening the port and is saying it is in use.
However when I use another program to open the virtual COM port it shows the NMEA message being streamed.
Collector is an UWP application. It can't access virtual COM port directly.
For GG04 to work with Collector, you need to download this tool:
- Open the tool and Tap on Sensor Driver -> Install
- Select the virtual port you defined in the Com0Com application
- Tap onto Comport Driver -> Install
- Select the NMEA message you want to receive (you will notice it doesn't have GST sentence, which means the accuracy report from the receiver will be missing)
- Then you can use Zeno Connect with Collector app.
Thanks for your reply, so is there no way to for Collector to read the GST sentence from Zeno Connect even though the GG04 can output the GST message through Zeno Connect?
Is there a way to create a COM port that Zeno Connect can output the full NMEA message and the Collector App can recognise it?
Or is the way you described above the only way to connect the GG04 to Collector
Currently that is the only way I am aware of.
If Zeno Connect app could create a location sensor like GPSComplete does and support GST, that could be the way. But Zeno Connect doesn't have this option now.
Hello Morgan. Im struggeling with the exact same issue, the Collector is not able to Open the external GPS. The Sensor Driver Install have several settings, and it would be very helpful to get a little info of what to select when installing. I guess the default is not good enough ?? I have tried to set the NMEA Source to the same port as I