Esri Collector Crashes Using Compass or streaming a Line

06-22-2021 10:33 PM
NickR1
by
New Contributor II

My field crews are using ESRI Collector ( 21.0.1) on iPad Mini 2 since field maps is not supported on older device. In the last 3 months we have noticed that collector will crash if the user tries to use the compass feature or stream a line. I tried just about every setting to see if it would help and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be welcome.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Are your iPad Mini's data plan enabled?

If so go to your settings for VPN and disable automatic startup of VPN.  A make sure you have location services turned on. 

0 Kudos
NickR1
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert but VPN was not setup. It seems like the problem started in May after an app update. Crashing of the app now occurs while streaming lines, collecting data in related tables, and attaching multiple photos to features. 🙄

I wish I could just go back to the version that worked.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

The next thing I would check would be to make sure you still not using Collector Classic. If you go to the App store and search for Collector you will see the 2 versions. 

The next things would be to see how much free memory you have on your iPads. If you do not have a lot of space available on your iPads it could be crashing it.

How old are the iPads and what version of the OS are they running? Are they running the most current iOS?

14.6 is the most current I believe. 

This is pulling at strings.

After these things I would look to see if someone made changes to the original feature service. But that might be a stretch. 

0 Kudos
NickR1
by
New Contributor II

Yeah, using Collector (Aurora) and not Classic. The ipads are older (Mini 2) and can only run iOS 12. The memory might be the issue. I'll have to check if having multiple offline areas is causing the issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos