Error syncing with edits from the field.

08-03-2020 10:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have synced one time after collecting data with a series of line features. I went back to the field in offline mode and collected another series of lines as well as point features and also captured some photos/video attachments to the point features.

Back at the office I'm seeing an error every time I try to sync the changes.I was hoping to include the specific sync error but it flashed up very quickly and then disappeared.

I'll start looking now to see if there are any logs on the device.

I'll also search this forum for an offline downloader where I can grab points/lines/video from the data collected earlier as well.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a hosted feature layer. 

This is day 1 test:

http://arcg.is/8ej9W 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Excep_FromHResult 0x80072EFF

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

My new workflow would be the following:

Do all the data collection and then if I can't sync then I take a screenshot of ArcGIS Collector map from the offline device..

Download the screenshot and georeference the screenshot in arcmap.

Heads up digitize in ArcMap over the georeferenced image.

If that's what I'll have to do then I think I'd be better off just using ArcMap and the GPS Toolbar rather than collector..

I'm going to search for more info on finding where the offline information is stored on the mobile device (windows tablet) to see if I can salvage any of the data/images.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I suggest you contact Esri support to further investigate the sync issue.

Meanwhile, here is the location of Collector offline data of Windows device 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_eytg3kh68c6a8\LocalState\<username>

You can use this tool to save the data you have collected in the filed: Copy Runtime Geodatabase To File Geodatabase (Conversion)—ArcMap | Documentation 

0 Kudos