Error/Crash Downloading certain maps.

Jump to solution
08-12-2014 06:17 AM
peterNOTMEknoop
Occasional Contributor

Some maps I'm trying to download in Collector are crashing Android or throwing an error on iOS (Invalid JSON. pictureMaker failed to create image).  Any suggestions as to what might be wrong or need to be changed about the maps to address that error?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I have logged both of those issues you are seeing for iOS and Android. It looks like its only coming from map notes layer items that have then been published into a service.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share your map and service with Collector4ArcGIS through a group and I can take a look at what the issue could be.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
peterNOTMEknoop
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It looks like an issue with the point layers and trying to generate an offline renderer from them. If you change the renderer through Change Symbols and then click Save Layer on that point layer you will be able to download the map with both iOS and Android.

0 Kudos
peterNOTMEknoop
Occasional Contributor

I changed the two Picture Marker symbols to Simple Marker symbols for the point layer.  The map download still causes Android to crash, and iOS the error is now "key not found".  (The map looks fine in AGOL and works if I use it in Collector while online.)

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I have logged both of those issues you are seeing for iOS and Android. It looks like its only coming from map notes layer items that have then been published into a service.

0 Kudos
AlisonWalker
Occasional Contributor

Hi Russell,

Is there a fix for this?  I'm getting the same invalid JSON pictureMaker error when downloading in Collector.

0 Kudos