Empty Numeric Fields by Default?

Jump to solution
02-04-2015 05:17 AM
FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

When working with numeric fields in the App (float, long or short integer for instance..) it seems you can not have a field open as empty by default, it is always populated by a value.  This is fine where a range is set but otherwise it can mean a lot more time in the field as the process of deleting and re-entering a value is time consuming.  Is it not possible to have an empty numeric field by default ?  I am aware that text fields can be empty by default on opening.

Thanks, Francis.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

numeric fields can be empty but if you have the fields set to required you will see a 0. If you got to the feature service REST endpoint and look at the template you will see in the template the numeric fields will have a value of 0 and the app leverages the template information when collecting and editing features from that service.

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

numeric fields can be empty but if you have the fields set to required you will see a 0. If you got to the feature service REST endpoint and look at the template you will see in the template the numeric fields will have a value of 0 and the app leverages the template information when collecting and editing features from that service.

Russ

0 Kudos
FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Russ I wasn't aware of the 'required' option.  This answers my query - many thanks!

0 Kudos