Editing Data Collected in the field in Collector

03-27-2019 11:24 AM
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to have my Utility workers use the Collector app to Collect data points out in the field with a connection to an external receiver. I have created a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online and some of the information I need is populated from the GNSS Metadata from the receiver and some of the information needs to be entered manually by the Utility worker while out in the field.

I have figured out how to enter in the data I want in the webmap in ArcGIS Online but how can I make the HFL editable in the Collector app itself? I have tried doing it myself in the office but it doesn't seem to let me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott -- If you could give some more information about what you see in Collector vs what you see in ArcGIS Online's Map Viewer, that would let us better help you troubleshoot. Are you seeing the map in Collector, but the layer isn't editable? Are you able to edit the same map in ArcGIS Online? Thanks.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response Kylie!

Regarding my original question, I was able to follow an online tutorial on how to create a hosted feature layer for use with an external receiver and it seems to have worked.

I have been experimenting with it and I am now able to see the information I was looking for like Altitude and some custom fields which I created in ArcGIS Online.

Right now I have been playing around with the Offline Data Collection and then submitting/syncing your updates with the server so the data can be viewed and exported back in the office.

If I have anymore questions I will certainly ask again on the forum but I seem to have it working for now.

Thanks again for helping!

0 Kudos