Editable layers in groups

Jump to solution
12-07-2020 04:49 AM
Sietse_de_Haan
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I created a complex map using the Beta-viewer with several grouplayers. There are groups for the designs and groups for the data that needs to be collected in the field. We noticed that the layers with the data that needs to be collected can only be edited using the Collector or Field Maps app. No data can be added/collected.

Now when we remove these layers out of the groups (so these feature layers are single so the say)  we can actually collect this data. So this is purely a problem using fieldapps and not in the browser for adding/collecting data to the map in these feature classes. 

So my question is: Will there be any updates on this? I dont know if this is problem of the Beta-viewer or a problem of the Collector of Field Maps apps.  

With kind regards and hope to here from any of you.

Sietse de Haan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sietse-h-de-haan/
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Sietse_de_Haan ,

Thank you for your post! The issue is client-side (a combination of Collector's app code and the underlying ArcGIS Runtime SDKs). We have resolved this issue in ArcGIS Field Maps and will be releasing it in an update this spring. We do not plan to update Collector with this fix as it would also require updating to a newer version (100.10) of the underlying Runtime SDK we use as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Sietse_de_Haan ,

Thank you for your post! The issue is client-side (a combination of Collector's app code and the underlying ArcGIS Runtime SDKs). We have resolved this issue in ArcGIS Field Maps and will be releasing it in an update this spring. We do not plan to update Collector with this fix as it would also require updating to a newer version (100.10) of the underlying Runtime SDK we use as well.

Sietse_de_Haan
New Contributor III

Thank you @JeffShaner for your reply and that the problem is solved in the near future!

Sietse de Haan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sietse-h-de-haan/
0 Kudos