Converting coordinates in Collector from Decimal Degrees to Degrees Minutes Seconds

01-18-2019 11:58 AM
SiranErysian2
New Contributor III

My field crews would like the information they see on the AGOL maps for point locations to be in degrees minutes seconds instead of decimal degrees. Is there a way to convert these numbers in Collector Table calculate fields or do I need to do calculate the geometry again in the map and export? Decimal degrees are numeric and I have a note that DMS should be in a String field. Please help with formula!

3 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

You can configure the coordinates to display in DMS in Collector by using the app setting in Profile > General > Units.

Here is a blog post that goes through this: Coordinates and Measurement Units in Collector for ArcGIS 

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
Faris_RassoulliRizal_Wong
New Contributor II

What's mentioned in the blog post only applies to iOS versions of ArcGIS Collector. The options shown in the screenshots are definitely not available in the latest version of ArcGIS Collector on the Android platform.

If you could ask Jeff Shaner on my behalf, why isn't the feature available in the Android version?

Why aren't the available app features synchronized between the platforms (ie. what's made available in the Android version should be identical to those available in the iOS version)?

It's difficult for me to give organize my workforce when those using Android have limited features compared to those using iOS.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

We are working to get the update out on Android. We are targetting Q1 2020.

If you'd like to try it out now, it is in our Android beta release. To get the beta and try out this functionality, join our Collector Early Adopter community so you’ll have the latest information on what you can test as well as provide feedback. Once you’ve joined, visit Getting Started to access the beta release for Android.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos