Collector using vector tile cache

Jump to solution
03-23-2016 03:17 PM
ScottAlford1
New Contributor III

When can we expect to see Collector capable of using vector tiles (created from Pro 1.2)?  Could they be consumed as a hosted service basemap or operational layer from either AGOL or on-premise Portal?  Will the vector tile packages be downloadable and taken offline or side-loadable in the form of a vtpk file?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jack,

Zoltan's post is correct. Support for vector tiles and labels will be available in the new, next generation Collector for ArcGIS app (Aurora) - the first release for iOS is targeted for Q3 this year. You can try out the beta now.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

12 Replies
zkovacs
Occasional Contributor III

Scott,

I would also love to know when we can start loading vector tile packages to Collector (for starter) as we can do with tile packages.

Talking to support at Esri UK yesterday I was told that this is not in the pipeline apparently, although would love to hear Esri Inc's comment on the subject. We have quite a lot of projects where we could make use of the vtpk files instead of uploading background OS MasterMap Topography/ITN/etc. layers to AGOL first and then download to the devices. Very time consuming and counter-productive...

Zoltan

DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Support for vector tiles is on our development road map for Collector in 2017 across all supported platforms (Android, iOS, Windows).

-Doug

DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

Any update on using Vector tiles in Collector?  Its 2017.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dan-

We're still working away at this. Keep an eye out for upcoming Collector betas later this year that will include this support.

0 Kudos
AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

Any updates?  It is 2018.

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Our current beta release of Collector (Aurora) has support for vector tiles.  You can read more here https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/collector-for-arcgis/blog/2017/09/06/the-auror... as well as information on how to participate in the beta.

0 Kudos
ZoltanKovacs4
New Contributor II

The roadmap Esri UK showed at their UC on Tuesday listed vector tiles and labelling coming to Collector in Q3. I hope this helps.

Jack_Zhang
Occasional Contributor

Collector for ArcGIS‌ Could the Collector team please confirm Zoltan's comments? Reading the full thread I'm a little bit concern.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jack,

Zoltan's post is correct. Support for vector tiles and labels will be available in the new, next generation Collector for ArcGIS app (Aurora) - the first release for iOS is targeted for Q3 this year. You can try out the beta now.

Hope this helps,