Collector - Trying to sync changes on offline map but get an error that username or password is invalid.

07-06-2018 06:49 PM
MelissaDaniels1
New Contributor III

I have a map that is downloaded offline on an iPad. I have been using it for a few weeks now and a few times have downloaded the map, made changes on the iPad, synced to Online, made changes on computer, upload to Online, download to iPad... over and over again with no issue.

Today I am trying to sync changes from an offline map to ArcGIS Online. My iPad is connected to wifi that is working, but I keep getting an error message that says "username or password invalid". I logged in on my computer with the same information I'm putting in to make sure that I'm not doing anything wrong and that my account is functioning.

If it makes any difference (it hasn't in the past), I have an organization (university) ArcGIS Online account.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DebMcIlwrath
New Contributor III

Did you find a solution? We are experiencing a similar issue - instead of asking for user name and password it is returning a message that the URL is invalid.

0 Kudos
MelissaDaniels1
New Contributor III

Actually, yes. I was reading online that people have had this issue when their internet connection was not very strong. I waited a day and then used wifi elsewhere to sync. I’m not sure if it was a temporary glitch or if getting on better internet worked. Pretty basic solution, but it worked for me.

0 Kudos