Collector sync fails but data gets posted to feature service.

09-01-2015 05:56 AM
AhjungKim
New Contributor II

When my client tries to sync his offline data collection, he gets "Unable to synchronize replica. Sync replica internal error – {A2DB11E7-E927-48DE-A826-4155E7B4D9E2}" message.  However, the hosted features service gets updated despite the error message.

I can't reproduce the error from my end.  I remember reading an old post regarding the same issue, but it didn't really suggest any solution.  Can someone please tell me what's causing the issue? ?Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Sync is by directional. Since hosted feature service gets updated, it seems that upload succeeds. But it fails when the server is generating the delta from the server to client. If you try to download the map with the same extent as your field worker and add some edits and then sync, will you see the error?

AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the reply! Whether I log in as field worker or myself, I can't reproduce the error. This makes harder to troubleshoot. If I can reproduce the error, I can use Fiddler to examine the HTTP traffic, but that's not an option at the moment. 

0 Kudos