One of our field staff encountered “An error occurred while synchronizing edits.” Below is a list of the steps I have tried to unsuccessfully resolve the problem.
Samsung Galaxy S5, Model Number: SM-G900V
Operating System: Android 5.0
Is there a way to download the edits from the phone via USB connection?
I have been hesitant to tell them to clear the cache in the Collector App itself. Any advice on how this would affect the unsynced edits?
I have attached a screen shot of the error message. Any advice or ideas are welcome.
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP)
Thanks to Juan at Esri Support Services, I was able to acquire the data from the device using the workflow he provided. I am including them here for anyone else who may need to do the same.
1) Connect the iOS device to PC
2) In iTunes, Click 'On this iPod/iPhone/iPad' and Go to Apps
3) Scroll down to select Collector for ArcGIS under File Sharing
4) Select the folder with 'ArcGIS Online username'. Example: user_AGOUsername_xxxxxx
5) Click Save to and navigate to the folder location which to save the content
6) This folder would have a .geodatabase file that is used in the disconnected environment
1) Connect the Android device to PC
2) In Windows Explorer, navigate to the device memory or external memory
3) Look for folder named 'ArcGIS_Collector'
4) Under this folder, look for folder that begins with ArcGIS Online Username followed by Organization's ID. Example: AGOUsername_XXXXXXXXXXXX
5) Within this folder, search for .geodatabase file and copy it over to folder location on PC.
In Windows Explorer, navigate to the device memory or external memory
In the following location you will be able to locate the .geodatabase
This if you are logged in as a Administrator
If you are logged in as a user the location would look like the following
Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\Packages\Esri.CollectorforArcGIS_"unique name"\AC\INetCache\unique name-.[GEODATABASE NAME]
10.3 GP tool > Conversion Tools > To Geodatabase > Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase
I have the same problem - an error occured while syncing edits and there is nothing to do.
So I followed these steps, and everything up to # 5 makes sense for Android...but what is the other stuff below? Why you have to go into AppData/Local/Packages if you just copied the offline folders onto your computer somewhere? Because I don't find this file, so I want to know if this is a necessary step to recover my data?
I believe the parts after step 5 are for if you are using Windows 10 OS. If you are still having difficulties the tech support was able to walk me through the steps. Those are what I copied and pasted here. I was able to find the file on my device.
Wish I could be more help.