Collector Search-by-Layer Functionality

Jump to solution
03-03-2020 06:46 AM
KristalWalsh
Occasional Contributor II

In follow-up to the conversation at Collector - unable to search through feature details, I have only been able to successfully enable the search function by layer to work within AGOL. This is a non-editable layer among many other editable layers in a web-map used for a wide data collection region. The search by landowner name is critical to our operation and we only need to search this one layer. It just will not work in Collector. You can see from the attached screen shot that Collector is reading the setting by layer "Use Landowner's Last Name" and the layer is turned on (although I don't think this matters), but the results shown in Search 2 are not appropriate for this layer. Can anyone suggest what's going on here? Thank you!! 

Kristal Walsh, Florida Fish and Wildlife
Office of Conservation Planning
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kristal,

I hope I can help sort out what is going on. In "search2" what you are seeing is the suggestions returned from address search. These will appear as long as "Find location - by address" is checked on in the Web Map settings. I am also assuming you have configured to search by this particular layer in the Web Map settings and saved these changes.

Currently, suggestions are not returned for feature searches; you must complete the search by tapping "search" to see the results. Do you get the results from your layer when you follow this workflow?

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kristal,

I hope I can help sort out what is going on. In "search2" what you are seeing is the suggestions returned from address search. These will appear as long as "Find location - by address" is checked on in the Web Map settings. I am also assuming you have configured to search by this particular layer in the Web Map settings and saved these changes.

Currently, suggestions are not returned for feature searches; you must complete the search by tapping "search" to see the results. Do you get the results from your layer when you follow this workflow?

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
KristalWalsh
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Colin, you are correct but I would feel worse if it hadn’t been for our staff having done the same thing, and not taking the next step.  I guess I am very glad it was as simple as this! I do appreciate you responding! Thank you so much. I usually try to make things way too hard but this takes the cake. LOL!

Kristal Walsh, Florida Fish and Wildlife
Office of Conservation Planning
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Kristal,

Glad I could help and dont worry, it can be confusing that some results pre-populate and other do not. We have considered adding this functionality for feature search in a future release.  

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos