Collector says sync complete, but data does not appear in Server

08-22-2016 09:17 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently we deployed Collector Version 10.4.0 on an iPad Mini 4.  We set it up from our SDE, in disconnected mode and the map contained one tile package and one feature service (with ~400 line segments).

Our field inspector synchronized the data at the end of each day, and Collector told him everything had been synchronized.  However, on our end in the office, only one or two days of inspections came through to the SDE.  I'm looking at the iPad now, and all the data is on it, and it says it is synchronized, when it reality it isn't.

Has anyone experienced this before, and do you know why this might happen?

Thanks,

Brendan

16 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using versioned data?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you check out the webmap or feature service being used are the new features there?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, they don't show up there either.  Only on the iPad.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

if you make an edit to the feature class and hit sync does the data come across to the offline db in Collector.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I enabled "Pull Edits", and then the changes I made to the feature class in AGOL transferred to the offline db in Collector.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Russell,

I see on many forums that the tool “Runtime GDB to File GDB” can be used to extract data from iOS when it doesn’t sync correctly. However, we are still using ArcGIS 10.2.2 ( soon to switch to 10.4), so I don’t seem to have this tool available to me. Are you able to extract this to a file geodatabase for me (see attached)? Or, is there a different tool that could do the job?

Alternatively, I can contact my local help support if you prefer.

Thanks for your help,

Brendan

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would definitely recommend asking your support contact to convert the offline db to a file gdb that you can merge back into your SDE dataset. 

0 Kudos
davidbaron1
New Contributor

Russell, is there a solution to this issue? I've deployed Collector over 50 times successfully and I'm just now having this problem in my portal environment. Collector says sync successful and my collected features seem to exist on the iPad maps, but not in SDE. The ArcServer error logs are getting me no where. 

Please tell me there in a reason/ fix for this.... I cannot download a gdb of the server and merge into a target since this is not an AGOL hosted service.

Really appreciate the help. 

0 Kudos