Collector offline error message

2973
14
03-26-2019 04:25 PM
EmilyTys1
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a Collector user out in the field using an offline web map featuring an ArcGIS online hosted feature class. He has been using this successfully but is now getting the following error messages "Abort due to constraint violation" and "Unable to open the database file - Create virtual table for selection failed" when he tries to collect a point.  It seems to be intermittent. It is now allowing him to collect a point but not delete a point. I have not been able to replicate the error with his login on my device. He has tried to remove the map from his device and download again and it has not solved the problem.


 

14 Replies
SUUGIS_Lab
New Contributor

I also have this issue with one of my students and their phone, "Abort due to constraint violation".  ESRI Collector started working just fine he then alter the setting to enable averaging, and after that could no longer collect features.  He would get the same error each time, "Abort due to constraint violation".

WendyBarrios1
New Contributor II

In the hosted feature layer were any changes made to the fields and domains? This error has popped up before when fields were allowed to be populated with 0 characters, but domains were set that were greater than 0 characters. Try checking the fields and domains.

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

We have just experienced the same issue. I checked the fields and domains in Pro by opening the AGOL web map that contains the features being collected. Nulls are allowed and this is the typical setting when creating the features in Pro then uploading as a hosted feature. The online table has the value "empty" that is the default if nothing is selected in the field from the associated initial domain values. The online field details look like this;

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

We have experienced this same issue and have been unable to figure out why as well. This issue appears to surface randomly and only affects certain editable features in the web map. Other features can still be created.

I've looked at the .geodatabase files and nothing jumps out at me.

You'd think a constraint violation would have something to do with a unique primary key, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I've also tried to find a way to turn on logging in Collector, but haven't found anything.

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

I guess my biggest concern, well over being restricted in field use, is that it is not a consistent error and cannot be re-created for analysis. I have no idea what could be causing this in the geodatabase. I believe that it stems from some Collector vs. OS issue more than anything else.

We have another error when downloading maps in Collector Classic for Android. ESRI has that case but have never found any corrections. We started downloading smaller area maps with far less detail and have not had the issue re-occur since. Still waiting on the new Android Collector to get out of beta status so we can utilize the functionality of the offline map areas, but I digress as that is another story.

Good luck Jimmy!

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

I agree with you Ronald... intermittent and non-reproducible errors are the toughest to crack. This error has been popping up on us on different Android devices and different versions of Collector Classic. We've yet to see it in the iOS version. It is pretty frustrating since it can make a scheduled day of field work almost wasted. Hoping that someone figures it out or future updates fix it. Thanks for sharing your pain.

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Also not happening on our iOS devices using the new Collector. Hoping the issue silently goes away when the beta evolves to the real deal. And soon would be better. 

Any ideas ESRI when the beta will turn?

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having the issue on iOS using new Collector

0 Kudos
RonaldVanderpool
Occasional Contributor

Hi Carl.

We have not had it happen on the iOS devices and have not seen the error for a few months in Android. I would suggest taking a screenshot of the error and run it up the ESRI support flagpole and see if they have had any luck on their end. Also post the same in this dialog but not under comments to me rather the original post by Emily. That way the ESRI GeoNet monitors may see it better.

I have a feeling that it is a device OS issue and not something in Collector. Too many versions of iOS and Android for Collector to have to associate with may be the root.

0 Kudos