Collector Maps

03-08-2019 07:59 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having trouble with being able to see and use my created maps in the collector app. Example. I created a map in the morning via ArcGIS online and in ArcGIS Pro and the map almost immediately showed up for use in my collector app. I was attempting to help another employee create a map for use in their collector app later that afternoon. I created a map on ArcGIS online, and I had him create one on his ArcGIS online profile and neither one would show up on our respective collector apps. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

Do the two of you have the same User Typein ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, I am a publisher and he is a user. I had him create a sample map in GIS online and it immediately showed up for use in his explorer app. But as we started to create a map that was to be used out in the field it would not show up in the explorer or collector app when we finished and saved the map.

Thanks,

Austin Wittrock

Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources

Daniel Boone NF, Cumberland District

2375 Kentucky 801 S

Morehead KY 40351

(513)-405-6294 -Cell

(606)-780-0854 -Office

0 Kudos

Try checking - 

1. Did you check the permissions on the hosted feature service(s) you're adding to the map?
  2. I know that Collector will not display web maps if there is no editable data in the web map.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive created maps for use in collector with offline and editable data and also created maps without offline capabilities and I can use them both in my collector app. But for some reason some maps I create will show up in collector and other ones will not. All under the same profile and publishing role. I even ran a test and published all my layers in the sample map to see if that would then allow it to be used in collector and it still will not show up.

Thanks,

Austin Wittrock

2375 Kentucky 801 S

Morehead KY 40351

(513)-405-6294 -Cell

(606)-780-0854 -Office

0 Kudos

Are the layers editable? I'm not meaning do they have offline capability, but are the feature services editable? I know that if you create a web map with feature services that are not editable that the web maps will definitely not appear in Collector.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not saying you are wrong because i have very little knowledge of how all this works as Ive not really had any formal training on it. That being said, I do have a created map, with hosted feature layers, that are NOT editable, that I have created on ArcGIS online and I can access and use them via collector (as long as i have service, I cannot access them off line since they are not editable for offline use) and the current map that I have created is now hosted and editable and it still will not pull up in my collector app.

Thanks,

Austin Wittrock

2375 Kentucky 801 S

Morehead KY 40351

(513)-405-6294 -Cell

(606)-780-0854 -Office

0 Kudos