Collector for Arcgis (IOS) wont stay connected to Arrow Gold receiver. Loses bluetooth connection every few minutes.

05-10-2019 10:46 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having a problem working in Collector with our gps receiver (Arrow Gold).  We have current firmware on receiver and running on IOS 12.2.  Bluetooth connection is lost if we move receiver and Ipad.  Ipad is not losing connection with the receiver, Collector is.  #gps and collector

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean-YvesLauture
New Contributor III

Teresa, 

Not sure this is a Collector issue.

Can you please make sure that Eos Tools Pro is still connected to the Arrow Gold when seeing the disconnection with Collector? If still connected, please contact Eos Tech Support so they can take a look at this with you. 

If Eos Tools Pro also shows a blank page saying it is not connected to the Arrow, then this is an issue that appeared with iOS 12.2 unfortunately. Eos has filed a bug report with Apple already. In the meantime, in Eos' April 2019 newsletter, there was a blog post describing the problem, along with a temporary workaround : https://eos-gnss.com/april-2019-known-arrow-gnss-bluetooth-disconnection-for-ios/ ; but the problem would re-appear after a couple of days. 

Earlier this week, Eos released a Bluetooth communication firmware update and also today (2019-05-10) a new version of Eos Tools Pro to patch the iOS problem. In order to fix this, you will need to do the following steps:

- update Eos Tools Pro from the App Store (version 1.76 and above)

- close all apps and run the procedure in the above link (blog post)

- launch Eos Tools Pro and allow the app to update the Arrow Bluetooth communication firmware (you must have Internet connectivity on your iOS device)

This should normally fix the problem if this really what you are experiencing. 

Any issue, please contact Eos Technical Support

Jean-Yves

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you!  I am working with Eos as well to resolve the issue but had not seen the blog you referred to so I'm going to try this next.  We are looking at purchasing more IPads and this issue is making me reconsider going with Apple.

0 Kudos
Jean-YvesLauture
New Contributor III

Hello Teresa, 

As you said, try the above workflow and it should solve the problem. 
I would strongly suggest you stick with Apple. These types of bugs appear unfortunately on every operating systems, whether it is iOS, Android or Windows. The point in favour for Apple is that the updates and versions are mainly consistent across all their hardware. 

Best regards, 

Jean-Yves