This happens every now and then and I finally got an operator to grab a snapshot. The fields have a hint of 'required' which is strange because you can't even have required fields in Collector (I wish you could). Also, instead of showing what's in the field, the pop-up title will show the field name. A simple restart fixes this but it is very annoying. Anyone else see this? I am unable to reproduce. This is a related table.
Did you happen to republish and overwrite an existing feature service? It has happened to me when I made database schema changes and republished and overwrote an existing service (because the layers in the map were pointing to the wrong layers in the service)
This is exactly what issue I had. Thanks for your reply.
Here's what happened to me:
- Made schema changes
- Republished and overwrote existing service
>>> this is where the "Required" issue occurred in some of the domain fields
- Removed layer from map and then added it again
>>> "Required" issue no longer present
Interesting that it's setting the hint to that. While it's not a supported or intended option for Collector currently there is a way to enforce required fields. We have brought it to ESRI and it is deemed more of a BUG than working solution but it is currently a repeatable process. Some of our staff Anthony Clark did a great write up on it that is far too long to post here but if you want to email me at email@example.com we can pass it along for you to try