Collector: features not drawing

12-12-2014 11:11 AM
xander
by
New Contributor III

I have a feature service published with water system valves with simple attribute query. The issue is collector only shows 1 or some of the 1,000 valves. If I refresh it may show a different valve. All valves show in my AGO map.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BradBolton
New Contributor III

I have a similar situation going on while using iPads in our county Assessor's office. We are viewing parcels in the Collector app on the iPads and I have been receiving many complaints about the parcel features not all displaying, even at levels of about a square mile. I realize that a limited number of features will draw when zoomed way out, but when zoomed way in, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how the features are drawing. It makes it very confusing for non-technical users. Can someone help explain why this happens? So far, my "solution" is to zoom in closer, and pan the map around to get it to refresh, so it shows the features they need.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

If there are too many feature to display in this area of the map, you will see this behavior. It tries to make sure the display performance. Here are some options what you can do besides zooming in:

1) Set visibility range for the layers and hide some feature layers if you don't need them on some scale

2) Change maximum record count following the instruction at

44060 - Update the maximum record count for feature services in ArcGIS Online

3) Take the map offline instead of online. Offline map doesn't have this display limit.

0 Kudos