All of a sudden my web maps are crashing when using them in Collector and having web map set with searching by Layer. When clicking search and entering a string Collector shuts down.
When using the web map with a desktop browser it seems to work just fine.
When disabling search by Layer just using search by Address Collector does not bomb out.
Lastly, when using the Explorer app I have no issue using searching by layer which points the finger at Collector.
Need help ASAP...logging ticket with ESRI soon but thought would share in the GeoNet environment as well.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Update, it appears if publish a hosted service and use as a searchable layer there is no issue.
However, this was not the case in the past. Do not understand why this is happening. Logged ESRI ticket...
Hey Curt. I should have replied back to my own topic a few weeks ago. Yes, working with ESRI we found if pop-ups were enabled the search functionality would work. What happened was I had to nuke my old service and bring in a new one. I didn't do all the popups like I had done on the previous service so as result, I had the bug.
Case closed...look forward to a permanent fix.