Collector crashes when using By Layer search

Jump to solution
11-02-2015 01:06 PM
TimothySandstrom
New Contributor III

All of a sudden my web maps are crashing when using them in Collector and having web map set with searching by Layer.  When clicking search and entering a string Collector shuts down.

When using the web map with a desktop browser it seems to work just fine.

When disabling search by Layer just using search by Address Collector does not bomb out.

Lastly, when using the Explorer app I have no issue using searching by layer which points the finger at Collector.

Need help ASAP...logging ticket with ESRI soon but thought would share in the GeoNet environment as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CurtPope
New Contributor III

We found a work around. I had to enable the pop-ups on the layer i was trying to search. The app quit crashing after I did that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimothySandstrom
New Contributor III

Update, it appears if publish a hosted service and use as a searchable layer there is no issue.

However, this was not the case in the past.  Do not understand why this is happening.  Logged ESRI ticket...

0 Kudos
CurtPope
New Contributor III

We found a work around. I had to enable the pop-ups on the layer i was trying to search. The app quit crashing after I did that.

0 Kudos
TimothySandstrom
New Contributor III

Hey Curt.  I should have replied back to my own topic a few weeks ago.  Yes, working with ESRI we found if pop-ups were enabled the search functionality would work.  What happened was I had to nuke my old service and bring in a new one.  I didn't do all the popups like I had done on the previous service so as result, I had the bug.

Case closed...look forward to a permanent fix.

0 Kudos
BryceBeyers
New Contributor II

Has anyone figured anything else out on this? The app is crashing for me and I have enabled pop ups for all layers I'm searching on.

0 Kudos