Collector + attachments = error

02-04-2015 08:22 AM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

I've got a feature service hosted by at 10.3 AGS cluster with an Oracle 11g SDE 10.3 backend. 

I'm trying to get this feature service to work offline with Collector.  So far, everything is working online and I can download and sync offline via Collector, except when my offline edits contain attachments.  I then get AGS errors as follows:

I've checked and rechecked the myriad of "data/map prep requirements" for going offline.  I even created an all new points feature service following the instructions to the letter and still get the same set of errors when attachments are involved.

Thanks much for the help.

Level

Time

Source

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMError executing tool.: ErrorMsg@SyncGPService:{"code":500,"description":"Failed to synchronize."} Failed to execute (Sync Feature Service Replica).System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMAn error occurred.System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMFailed to synchronize.System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMFailed to synchronize.System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMError: Failed to export data changes to replica.System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMFailure in processing exports for Replica: GIS.Ags_Fs_1423011330985 [GUID: {6DB524F2-02DC-496A-BE9A-C9623EF1B4B6}].System/SyncTools.GPServer

SEVEREFeb 4, 2015, 9:04:46 AMFailed in acquiring Archive Difference Cursor for dataset: GIS.CollectorPoints__ATTACH for Replica: GIS.Ags_Fs_1423011330985 [GUID: 6DB524F2-02DC-496A-BE9A-C9623EF1B4B6]. Time taken: 0.016000 seconds. Stream finished [GIS.CollectorPolys]

Tags (1)
17 Replies
RoyceSimpson

I've made sure that the feature service was saved in AGOL without storing the feature service credentials.  Still same errors as above.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I found this Archiving Problems with Offline Support  has similar issue. You might want to try deleting archive and recreating it.

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson

Hi Miaogeng,

Thanks, I was hopeful about that as a solution but the errors persist even after doing as you suggest.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you already have existing attachment in Oracle and it is newly created feature class? I am wondering this attachment with [GUID: 6DB524F2-02DC-496A-BE9A-C9623EF1B4B6] from Collector or it is the existing attachment?

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson

It was created in Collector.

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson

One thing to note is that when sync the edits in collector, all the edits make it back to the geodatabase fine, including attachments.  If it weren't for the error in collector and all the "severe" log entries in AGS, I would think the sync is working just fine.  Perhaps the issue lies in the sync process attempting to correctly bring any changes to the geoDB since last sync onto my device.  That's only speculation.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Is it in iOS or Android?

When you try deleting archive and recreating it, do you test from scratch (download the map again and add attachment then sync)?

How many attachments are you trying to sync?

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson

The attachment created in Collector.

Android LG G2 KK 4.4.4 Verizon.

After I deleted then recreated the archive, I restarted the feature service, redownloaded the map in Collector, collected a new point, added a photo attachment, got out of the map, synced... error.

One attachment.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I tested 10.3 AGS server with an Oracle 11.2.04 SDE 10.3 backend. I can't reproduce the issue. You can contact the support to further debug.

0 Kudos