Collect New button not visiable on my Lucid

08-26-2013 08:10 AM
TomEarhart
New Contributor
I downloaded the app on Friday, then tried to start collecting and the "collect new" button was not visible on my phone.  I tried several times this weekend and still, no button.  I doubled checked my phones specifications to make sure it was in line with the apps req'd specs and it seems as there should be no problem.

Has anyone else had this issue or any issues with missing "buttons"?  Or is there any admins/mods that can assist me with this problem?  Or a POC I can contact?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
ErikFernandez
New Contributor III
Having had trouble with a similar problem, here's what solved it for me.  It seems if you aren't getting the option for the collect button on your phone there are a couple of things to look for:
- Only seems to work for point layers, not polygons or lines
- Also seems that your arcgis online map must have a layer that is a "feature service".
- that feature service layer must also be editable. You can adjust this by a check box, click on my content, select the feature layer in question, click on edit, scroll down to the check box to make it editable. Make sure to save after checking the box.

Accounting for the above three things solved the problem for me. The work flows online and in arcuser had lots of detail but didn't mention the editable step. The arcuser magazine workflow really didn't seem to work for me as it wants you to publish a service which requires arc server (as far as I can tell) despite saying you don't need it.
0 Kudos
PaulBarker
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos