Clear Identified feature details - iOS

Jump to solution
07-23-2014 02:35 AM
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

OK, am I being a numpty here, but once you have tapped on a feature , the Id results appear in the bottom.  How do you then get rid of these? On the Android version there is a nice big X to close it, but nothing like that on iOS.

ACM

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaryMorris1
Occasional Contributor

I think you're talking about the details folder at the bottom, with the folder tab? 

To get rid of those, tap and hold on the folder tab, when the "ghost" folder appears, drag it to the "Close" box on the right.  That's on the iPhone, on the iPad, the "Close" box will be on the left.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GaryMorris1
Occasional Contributor

I think you're talking about the details folder at the bottom, with the folder tab? 

To get rid of those, tap and hold on the folder tab, when the "ghost" folder appears, drag it to the "Close" box on the right.  That's on the iPhone, on the iPad, the "Close" box will be on the left.

YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Adrian,

Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 11.11.26 AM.png

I am not really sure which ID results that you talking about. But here is the screenshot for iOS IdentifyFeatureSample, the AGSIdentifyTask and AGSIDentifyDelegate control the little popup window, if you check the code behind, when click any point on the screen, the breakpoint will hit this method:

- (void)identifyTask:(AGSIdentifyTask *)identifyTask operation:(NSOperation *)op didExecuteWithIdentifyResults:(NSArray *)results

The call out content you can setup based on different parameters that content from your REST or just pure text.

For example, in this screenshot, you can see the stateName return from a query from REST and pure text "Click for more detail":

NSString *stateName = [((AGSIdentifyResult*)[results objectAtIndex:0]).feature  attributeAsStringForKey:@"STATE_NAME"];

self.mapView.callout.title = stateName;

self.mapView.callout.detail = @"Click for more detail..";

Here is the API reference for 10.2.3: <AGSIdentifyTaskDelegate> Protocol Reference‌ and AGSIdentifyTask Class Reference

I would suggest to check the link from GitHub about this sample. Download it and try to see the detail IdentifyTaskSample

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

Off course - obvious - NOT - what's wrong with a simple X - I take it this is a iOS design thing?

I think I may try it on some self confessed Apple Fan boys, see if they can get it.

Many thanks.

Edit - self confessed apple fan boy failed to work this out as well!

0 Kudos