Can you use feature services that require proxy page for editing in collector?

12-18-2013 04:09 AM
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor
For a current project it seems that in order to edit the feature service with a lines layer we may need a proxy page.  The service is on our local server using an SDE dataset.  We are still trying to get the proxy page working properly to test. 
But the only place to set up this proxy page information is in the web app template.  And collector uses only web maps, right?  So is there another way to still be able to edit feature services that require a proxy page for editing?  The technicians only have a phone so the requirement is for them to be able to edit attributes either in Collector or ArcGIS app.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
When you add the service to a web map in AGOL do you receive a message that editing is disabled?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor
No, the feature service adds in fine and I'm able to edit update edits to very small segments of lines (and points) in the web map.  But any changes to attributes in the rest of the lines do not update and just disappear.  That is why we thought we may need a proxy page (despite that the URL is well under 2000 characters)?  But thus far we haven't been able to test the proxy page successfully to know if that is the problem.  I am able to make a local copy of my feature service and save edits to all features in Desktop without any issue.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
If you can share the service to me in a private message I can take a look to see what might be going on.

Russ
0 Kudos