Autofill/Predictive Text Function?

08-20-2014 06:18 AM
FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

Not sure if this is device or App specific, but one of our users has asked whether the App can include a Predictive Text feature, allowing a quicker way of populating fields that require common answers, without having to scroll through the dropdown options, a particular time-saver in heavily populated dropdown fields.  Haven't seen much about this online or on the forums so would be great to find out if it's been looked at all.

8 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Have you looked at the Repetitive feature collection ability:

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2014/06/05/repetitive-feature-collection-made-easy-with-collector/

Or if you have common values for particular fields can these not be set to be the default values in your feature class.

Regards

Anthony

FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Anthony, yes I have had a look at the continuous collection options which are of use, but not quite what we need.  I just wondered if there was anything a bit more intuitive we could make use of but no worries, thanks for the response.  Cheers.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any luck with this Francis?  I am looking for something similar. My Collector users need to enter a streetname, and would like not to have to type the whole streetname, but have it pop up after they type a few letters.

0 Kudos
FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brendan,

Unfortunately not, besides the suggestions above I am not aware of a more sophisticated option with the current release.

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Francis,

This sounds like it could be a good suggestion for the future of Collector for ArcGIS. Have you taken a look at http://ideas.arcgis.com to see if it already exists? If it is not already there, you can write it out and tag it appropriately to get further input from the community. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Scott

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did this get added as an idea? 

0 Kudos
FrancisSenyah
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kate, I didn't personally get around to adding it unfortunately but it is still an idea that we would benefit from so I will take a look at adding it shorty.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds good - let me know when you do and I can vote up or can add myself. 

0 Kudos