Attchment failed to upload error on android - Collector for ArcGIS

01-26-2016 03:52 PM
JürgenAchilles
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

The error 'attchment failed to upload' only occurs on android. Our iOS devices upload attachments just fine.

We are collocting field data in online mode and using Portal for ArcGIS.

Is this a known issue or am I overlooking something here?

Regards

Jürgen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi, Jurgen,

are the attachments videos? Android Collector only supports photos/images as attachments right now.

Rui

0 Kudos
JürgenAchilles
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rui Ge

the attachments are .jpg photos. I tried various file sizes.

Regards

Jürgen

0 Kudos
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Jurgen,

Did Android Collector fail uploading all sizes of photos?Does it only happen to this service?

thanks,

Rui

0 Kudos
ShelbySouthworth
New Contributor III

Hi Jurgen,

I don't know if your field operators are working in the same area as one another, as well as on different platforms - apple vs. android - so this might not be the solution you're looking for, but it also might help you between now and getting an answer from ESRI.

After having similar attachment/update-related issues with our fleet of Androids (along with other connectivity-related issues), we decided to take our collector maps offline (w the .tpk basemap downloaded right onto the device), and operate in a collect-sync workflow. The attachments store right on the device until sync, and we found that sending updates in this manner was 100% less buggy (especially when syncing is done with a wifi-connection vs. 3/4G).

Hope this helps!

GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

Just for some clarity (before raising the issue with tech support)...

Can anyone upload a photo with Android and Collector 10.3.7 in online mode?

I can see in Fiddler the call to upload the features:

https://webadaptor.dev.rfs.nsw.gov.au/arcgisserver/rest/services/FieldObs/UAT_SitReps_03hr/FeatureSe...

though nothing to send in the attachment.

Our environment all works ok with iOS devices.

I can't do a trace on the iOS device as Fiddler causes an error:

The 'Proxy-Connection' header must be modified using the appropriate property or method. Parameter name: name

I think the iOS Fiddler error is just a distraction for me right now

Thanks

0 Kudos
GISSupport3
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, borrowed an Android tablet from another team and all works.

Back to the drawing board for me 😕

0 Kudos
JürgenAchilles
Occasional Contributor

Just updated to android collector 10.4.0 and attachments/photos still fail to upload in online mode, yet no problem when collecting data in offline mode and then sync features.

0 Kudos
ChazMcDermaid
New Contributor

jachilles We are having the same problem with Android devices not being able to upload attachments.  Our Apple devices are able to with no problems.  Did you ever find a solution for this?  We are using Collector version 10.4.2 build 1026 Thanks! 

0 Kudos