ArcGIS Online/Collector App

10-27-2014 06:14 AM
MarlaJohnson
New Contributor III

I am trying to make an application as easy as possible for some inspectors.  How do you auto-populate something within the collector app based on your physical location?   I want the app to already tell the inspectors (in the form) they are on route 2-01P if they are physically there.  When they move and take another point I want the collector to record the data without the inspector having to type it in or look for it. Therefore, they will only have to focus on the data they are collecting and not the data we already have, but people will see the data populated on the form.   We are using SDE services for everything.  Any information will be helpful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marla,

This would have to be accomplished using a script to populate the field.  For example, you could have a python script that runs every few minutes that performs a Select by Location to select the nearby route, and then updates the point attribute with the route name.

0 Kudos
MarlaJohnson
New Contributor III

Hey Jake,

I figured some python would be involved.  We are using the dashboard to view real time data so a script may be our only choice.  Thanks for the feedback!

We were thinking the attribute assistant would work, but I don't know if we can use that on arcgis online. 

0 Kudos