Select to view content in your preferred language

Arc Collector as an asset management tool

11-24-2015 07:40 AM
RossGarland
New Contributor II

I'm hoping to use collector as an asset management tool and having some issues.  We're looking to use it to assess the condition of watercourse trash screens, where inspections would be carried out on a regular basis.  We already have the locations of the screens mapped out and have a performa detailed the questions to be asked in the pop-up.  Ideally, we'd like to have it set up so that new inspections don't overwrite previous ones, and we'll essentially be creating a database of all the times the screens are inspected - hope this makes sesne!  We've managed to get something basic set up using coded domains, but I only get the option to copy or edit the current feature - not what we'd like :(!

If this is possible, would anyone be able to provide a reasonably detailed guide on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Ross

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JadeFreeman
Occasional Contributor III

What I've done is to publish another service which uses query layers to tie the inspection items and inspection records together using a SQL join.  You could also use a layer join in Arcmap as well.

Another approach we've used is to add the inspection table to your dashboard and then use a query widget + list widget to display the results.  Users can use the map to get the ID of the item they want to query and then use the query widget to retrieve the inspection records.

I think I read somewhere that there is a related records widget being developed or perhaps has been published already.  It's just not a core widget.

0 Kudos
ShelbySouthworth
New Contributor III

You would be right Jade. According to the table at the bottom of ESRI's Operations Dashboard home page, support for related tables is on the docket for upcoming improvements and I am waiting with baited breath (it doesn't seem like there is a way to get around this well/ easily unless you have Server).

0 Kudos