Anyone else having a problem with downloading offline maps all of a sudden?

Jump to solution
06-26-2019 01:15 PM
EthanDuke
New Contributor III

All of a sudden we are unable to download basemaps for offline data collection. The error states a mismatch in data type. It is occurring across all projects we conduct. Does anyone know what is happening? We are using "Classic" on our iPads.

31 Replies
DebMcIlwrath
New Contributor III

Any updates on this?

Yesterday we successfully downloaded a small area of a map (feature layer has subtypes and multiple date fields) and it worked so though things had been resolved. Unfortunately, as soon as we try and download a larger area we get the same error messages as last week.

Have 3 maps using this layer - 1 uses an editable view of the layer, and has spatial restrictions to a relatively small geographic area. It will download. The 2 maps that source the original hosted layer will not download at all for some users and only for very small areas (2 city blocks) for others.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Deb, which platform do you see the issue? Can you share your map with issues to a group and invite the account Collector4ArcGIS into it? Let me know the map name. 

0 Kudos
City_of_LakelandGIS
New Contributor III

Doug, any updates to this issue?  We have a damage collection map that utilized subtypes and we appear to be sunk.  Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

The issue raised by the initial poster was fixed in an update to ArcGIS Online at the start of July. If you are still seeing issues, please create a new thread with details of the map not working for you and we can dig in and help. A summary of the issue:

The issue is specific to feature services with subtypes and one or more date fields (this includes editor tracking fields) when attempting to work offline.  This impacts all released versions of Collector, though the error messages may differ slightly.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MindyWheeler
New Contributor

So, if we nix our subtypes and/or don't allow more than one date field, will this fix the issue? We have had some serious issues with Collector this year and hoping we can get back on track. Please let me know.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Mindy - The original issue was resolved by an update to ArcGIS Online at the start of July. If you are still seeing issues, please create a new thread with details of the map not working for you and we can dig in and help. A summary of the issue that was resolved:

The issue is specific to feature services with subtypes and one or more date fields (this includes editor tracking fields) when attempting to work offline.  This impacts all released versions of Collector, though the error messages may differ slightly.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Ethan Duke‌, thanks for confirming the fix. 

Miles ThompsonUtility AdminDan Joyce‌ can you try again to see if the issue is fixed for you? If not, this could be a separate issue. You can create another question post instead.  

0 Kudos
AbbyChilds
New Contributor

I'm continuing to have this issue. I'm able to download empty subtyped data onto my device (Android), but I each time I try to download existing subtyped data I get an error saying that the map was unable to download. Maps that had been working broke on June 27 and I haven't been able to get them to work again.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Abby, can you share your map with issues to a group and invite the account Collector4ArcGIS into it? 

0 Kudos
MindyWheeler
New Contributor

Is there any resolution to this? My crew is also dead in the water as I cannot get these maps to download on our devices - thought it was the z values - nope, thought a couple other things - nope 

0 Kudos