Android Collector for ArcGIS secure services

09-08-2015 12:19 PM
MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

I am currently using Collector For ArcGIS 10.3.3 and have noticed lately that my maps that have secured services are not asking for authentication.  ArcGIS online and IOS are working fine with these same web maps.  The secure layers are in the layer list, but they are not turned on and you cannot turn them on.  These services are secured locally using GIS server security. Any others having this issue?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Is ArcGIS Server in internal network? Can the device access those internal service?

0 Kudos
MarkYerington

It is on an external facing server.

Sent from Lotus Traveler

Miaogeng Zhang --- Re: - Android Collector for ArcGIS secure services ---

From:"Miaogeng Zhang" <geonet@esri.com>To:"Mark Yerington" <myerington@mpw.org>Date:Tue, Sep 8, 2015 6:54 PMSubject:Re: - Android Collector for ArcGIS secure services

GeoNet Android Collector for ArcGIS secure services

reply from Miaogeng Zhang in Collector for ArcGIS - View the full discussion

Is ArcGIS Server in internal network? Can the device access those internal service?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet Start a new discussion in Collector for ArcGIS by email or at GeoNet Following Android Collector for ArcGIS secure services in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user. You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Kudos
MarkYerington

Also I would think that it would not work on IOS if there was a problem with communication, but IOS works fine.  In testing some more this morning, the only way that I can get the service authentication to come up is if I switch my ArcGIS online account that I am logging into collector with.  It will prompt on the first application, but if I switch to another application it will not prompt and none of those services are on in the map.  This is only an android problem.

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I can't reproduce the issue. Maybe others having similar issue can answer you. I also suggest you contact Esri Support to have a support case logged so you can work with support analysts to troubleshoot the issue. 

0 Kudos
JarrettGreen
New Contributor III

I'm having a similar issue on Android.  However, I am being asked for credentials and after entering it, my layers are not showing up.

All of the layers are part of 1 secured feature service.  Upon opening the service up to the public, all the layers are visible.

I can see everything and edit in ArcGIS Online AND an iPad after entering my credentials.  WiFi and 4G

0 Kudos
JarrettGreen
New Contributor III

After another round of testing, it seems to be an issue with AD authentication on Android.  I tried the same exact method on a different ArcGIS Server that does not use AD authentication and I can successfully edit the secured service after entering my credentials on Android, iOS, and ArcGIS Online.  Again this happened on internal and external networks.

Here we come with a bug report Esri!

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

I am not sure if you run into this issue: for android Collector to access IWA type of security, you need to sign in as UserName@Domain instead of UserName only.

0 Kudos