An error occurred while synchronizing edits

03-27-2014 10:20 PM
BerhanuMekonen
New Contributor II
I tested the offline data collection-Collector for ArcGIS using a future hosted on AGOL, it works well but,  a big but,   am challenged in synchronizing, it move up to 50% and then fail with error massage -
"An error occurred while synchronizing edits"  
Would you please help?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Rachel,

Can you try this: First make a backup of the map having the issue. You can copy this data to another folder or locally to your computer. Then delete the client_delta geodatabase and the syncgdb_request folder. After you have deleted these items restart the app and try to sync again.

Russ

0 Kudos
RachelWilliams
New Contributor II

So, to clarify, you want me to back up on the map on AGOL? Where do I find

the client_delta GDB and syncgdb_request folders?

Rachel Williams

GIS Analyst

Utah Division of Oil, Gas and Mining

0 Kudos
JanicePeal
Occasional Contributor

Have you found a solution with your sync issue?  I am having the same issue on an Android with Collector 10.3.  Did you find where these folders are?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you are having sync issues you are use this tool:

Copy Runtime Geodatabase To File Geodatabase—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

The folder that contains your map content is under ArcGIS_Collector >Offline_data>account folder> folder with same item id as your web map.

Copy that folder onto your desktop and run the tool against the data in that folder.

0 Kudos
JanicePeal
Occasional Contributor

Awesome!  Thank you!  I have a bug report in to ESRI for our sync issues.  Last I heard, our tokens are being truncated.  They're looking into it.  I will post when I hear more.

0 Kudos
StephanLe_Roux
New Contributor II

Hi Russ,

What happens after running the tool against the data ? Will it sync during this process or is there steps after that to complete the job.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

the GP tool will add all the data that is in the .geodatabase file to a file GDB. From there you can merge your data into the final dataset.

0 Kudos
JacquelineKovarik
New Contributor III

Russel,

Can you elaborate on how to merge the data back into the final dataset?

I've used the workflow you've suggested to create a FGDB from a couple days worth of field work that I cannot get to Sync. I now have a few FGDBs and need to merge them back into my SDE on our GIS Server. Is there documentation somewhere that explains these steps? It's important that global IDs, and related attachments are retained through the merge.

Thanks,

Jacqueline

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Just to keep this thread up to date - Jacqueline Kovarik​ found this solution to her question here:

Append extracted data to SDE (Collector for ArcGIS Workaround)

HeidiOgle
New Contributor

Hi Russ,  I have two files that I am trying to run the above mentioned Runtime tool on.  The first file is a .geodatabase file that I had tried to sync with AGOL but had failed.  The file was renamed by Collector to client_delta_x.  I ran the Runtime tool and it worked perfectly.  The second file is the rest of the data we collected after failing to sync.  Unfortunately, during the time we were out collecting, the AGOL web map was deleted so we can't even try to sync it anymore.  It was not renamed by Collector to client_delta_y and the Runtime tool does not work against that data when I run it.  I get an Error 001730 message when I run it telling me it's likely not a .geodatabase file.  It is however a .geodatabase file and is the same in all other regards as the file that worked, the only difference being that syncing wasn't attempted and the name of the file wasn't changed to client_delta.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos