Smart forms for Collector

04-08-2014 01:03 PM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I'd like the ability to have 'smart' form entry with Collector.  For example, if field A equals 'True' then field B, C and D do or do not show up for entry.

15 Comments
RonnieRichards

Why not create a form framework that applies across the entire ArcGIS Solution? These one off applications authored by different development teams which do something the other applications should/could do is just as frustrating. 

For example why can't the same feature layer be added to Web App Builder Editor Widget with the same "smart form". If all applications can access the same data service, should data integrity be applied consistently across the platform?

RoyceSimpson

Some things to consider.  Attribute Rules and Contingent Values (currently implemented via ArcGIS Pro and shared, if need be via hosted web layer in ArcGIS Enterprise)... These seem to be two new "data design" areas that esri is making investments. These things occur at the data level so theoretically this is app agnostic (should work in Collector).  I'm currently trying to test these via a 10.7 ArcGIS Enterprise implementation but am running into issues with offline/sync enabling Attribute rules.  In any event, this looks very promising and the tests I've run so far look like game changers.  Things like "if I enter this value 'x', make the value there 'y'"  or "when I create a new feature populate the InpsectionDate field with today's date" or "this is a sequential field... when I add a new feature calc the value of this field to the last number in the sequence + 1".  All this done via Arcade expressions.  Contingent Values is more of the smart pick-list thing.  If I choose 'x" in this list, then only show values of x,y,z in this other list.

This stuff has been A LONG TIME coming and I can't wait to start redesigning our processes and systems to take advantage of these features. 

x (x)
sandeeppatil

we can develop the custumize web application and mobile application using the java spring framework and androind and ios app.we expert in gis based web data collection application development.

Please let me know if you want to custumize the application.

Thanking you.

sandeep

Skype-sndp_ln

MarkBockenhauer
by Anonymous User

Sounds promising....looking forward to seeing how good the smart forms are in addition to the mapping capabilities.

Thanks for the update!