why all building models are of the same location after import from city engine to unreal engine through unreal studio

06-09-2018 12:32 PM
shahu
by
New Contributor

The city layout in level editor looks good, but when I click the static mesh actors to check their locations, I found all the buildings' locations are (0,0,0), is the issue related with the unreal studio datasmith plugins during data transfer from city engine to unreal engine?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
shahu
by
New Contributor

It seems that all the buildings' pivots are set to (0,0,0) when import from city engine to unreal engine,

from Help -  we can see that local offset can help to set the pivot of the individual building to the centroid of the building rather than fixed (0,0,0). 

How ever the unreal engine exporter doesn't have the local offset option.

May I know if there is any other way to set the individual building pivot beside the "localoffset option"?

Or the "local offset option" will be added to the unreal engine exporter in the future?

0 Kudos
BenjaminNeukom
Esri Contributor

Hi Sha hu

Unfortunately thats not possible as of now. But we will fix that in a future version so that the pivot point can be set to the Actors themselves.

Best

Benjamin Esri R&D Zurich

0 Kudos
shahu
by
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks.

Keeping the positions of the models(buildings, street networks) in open street map from city engine to unreal engine is critical for my project, is there any other post processing method that can recover those positions except from fixing the data transfer issue?

Regards,

Sha

0 Kudos