[ATTACH=CONFIG]22916[/ATTACH]
How to solve this problem?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

Are you using the TRIAL version of CityEngine ?

M.
0 Kudos
HaiyangXu
New Contributor II
Hi !

Are you using the TRIAL version of CityEngine ?

M.

Yes,Does the TRIAL version have the restriction?
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi ..

I got some feedback on this by our main developer.

There seems to be an issue when initializing Trusted Storage. Could be a permissions issue ( e.g. installed as Admin, then started once as admin, then restarted as standard user ) or the FlexNet Service is not running / was not installed properly.

Best deinstall all and reinstall [checking Admin rights]. Or reinstall in an other User-account.

Hope this helps !

Matt
0 Kudos
LauraSparks
New Contributor
I am having the same issue as the above with the 2012 trial version of City Engine, single use and it says it is authorized - I am on my 4th re-install and have tried moving the install location to different folders where I know I have full access.  I was originally saving it under C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\CityEngine (where I have read & execute, List Folder Content, and Read permissions) but recently installed it to my 'My Documents' (where I have Full Control).  I have tried running as Admin and client, adding -Dogal to the CityEngine.ini file, starting and stopping both ArcGIS license manager and FlexNet Licensing services. 

Looking for more ideas.
0 Kudos
LauraSparks
New Contributor
Got a workaround. 

Uninstalled on client side, logged off of client side, logged in under a local administration user and reinstalled.  Was able to log back in on client side and run the software.  Right clicking and selecting  'run as admin' would not work.
0 Kudos