Web Scene description

Jump to solution
07-27-2016 06:04 AM
PmssS
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have seen several CE Web Scenes and all of those have the title as it is set in the City Engine. But where I am struggling is to complete the information tab that comes with the webscene. How can I add information to this tab?

Sorry if someone else made this question before but I didn't find it.

cheers

Pedro

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

OK, I see...
The description field is an attribute that every file on ArcGIS Online / Portal possesses. It is created when uploading the scene.

Since you want to provide the *.3ws to a user in a "usb data storage", it is not possible to use this field.

As a workaround, I can offer you to insert a layer with info cubes that would provide scene specific information in the attribute section.

You could use this PNG as texture:
information.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Pedro,

Thank you for your question.

There is a naming discrepancy for CityEngine web scenes (3ws).

What is displayed in the information tab is actually what was entered in the description field.

0 Kudos
PmssS
by
New Contributor II

Thanks,

but it seems that this menu is available only if you publish to ArcGIS Online. What I am trying to do is to publish a offline webscene using the CityEngine's File/Models - CityEngine WebScene. And provide the *.3ws to a user in a "usb data storage".

I have been all around the CE preferences and properties but I haven't found nothing to create the description. So the question remains.

Cheers

Pedro

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

OK, I see...
The description field is an attribute that every file on ArcGIS Online / Portal possesses. It is created when uploading the scene.

Since you want to provide the *.3ws to a user in a "usb data storage", it is not possible to use this field.

As a workaround, I can offer you to insert a layer with info cubes that would provide scene specific information in the attribute section.

You could use this PNG as texture:
information.png

PmssS
by
New Contributor II

Thanks, for the negative answer! at least i know it is impossible and not going around looking for a solution.

Your suggestion it is very good. In fact I'll may use it for explanation over certain areas! therefore more than one 'cube'.

cheers

Pedro

0 Kudos