Select to view content in your preferred language

Using Redlands Example rules in CE 2014

Jump to solution
07-30-2014 02:16 PM
NeilBorecky
New Contributor

Is there an update to the Redlands example 3D City Design Rules to work with City Engine 2014? The Street Construction rule has problems including not generating crosswalks, and textures appear to be offset, making parallel parking disappear. Image of the issue attached.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tatianna,

Good to hear about the Geodesign course! I had not tried running that rule on a footprint. Thanks for reporting it. I'll go try and fix it. Either in next 20 mins, or will have to do it tomorrow.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, got it fixed!  Please replace your Building Construction rule with the updated rule attached here. Let me know of further problems.

Chris

0 Kudos
TatiannaSwenda
New Contributor II

Thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another bug was reported to me. This one, as well as the one Tatiana reported, were seen when applying Building rule to a drawn shape, rather than street network-derived shape. Hers was using Footprint start rule. This one came from using Parcel start rule. The buildable envelope and building setbacks were not working correctly. The attached rules folder fixes this and has the most up to date rules for Example Redlands 2014 as of 8-8-2014. (only Building Construction.cga and Support>Zoning.cga have changed here)

zoning_offset.JPG

0 Kudos
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

Where can I find a zip of the Redlands assets folder? All I can find in this thread and on the Redlands link is the rule files. I lost my original copies of the rules and assets.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here's the entire project:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9008aa9c322340edb2382f599cb3fb86

The rules and assets are there, and the scene showing their use.

Chris

0 Kudos
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor

Neil Borecky    did you get it working?

0 Kudos
ziadfilfili
New Contributor II

Is there an update for the red developments to use in 2015.2 ?

I am facing problems with executing the rules
ERROR: ( the rule file 'building construction.cga' contains errors. check the 'problems view )

any ideas ?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ziad,

Are you seeing the errors in the downloaded Example project? Or are the errors in another project in which the rules were used?

Chris

0 Kudos
ziadfilfili
New Contributor II

The errors are actually in both, my project and the example project
Maybe it needs update to city-engine 2015.2

Ziad

0 Kudos