Updated Redlands Example Rule Files?

11-05-2014 01:09 PM
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

I have had a copy of the Redlands Example rule files saved on my flashdrive since about June. I tried using it a couple days ago, and whenever I try to apply one of the rule files, it says there is no start rule. I never manipulated the coding in the rule files, so is there a newer version of these rule files I should download? If so, where can I find them?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the example was updated for version 2014:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9008aa9c322340edb2382f599cb3fb86

And for 2013:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ebbdb2fd0403493caac729a20d126166

Might be a few hiccups in these versions. We are gradually working on replacements for those rules. Will take some time though.

0 Kudos
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

Thank you! Would these rule files not be compatible with CE 2012? The computers I have access to currently only have 2012.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh...Correct, the newer projects aren't compatible. You should stick with the 2012 rules if you are running CE 2012. So this is a different story. Maybe we need more clues about what is wrong. Can you provide more info?

0 Kudos
KathrynAngleton
New Contributor III

Now that I think about it, the copy I had worked fine with CE2014, which was the version that was on the computers I was working on at the time. Now, I currently only have access to CE2012, however, it's possible to upgrade the computers to CE2014. Am I better off doing that and then downloading the latest version of the Redlands Example rule files?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. Most definitely. Get CE 2014, and 2014 Redlands example.

Chris

0 Kudos
MichaelGall
New Contributor

I downloaded the most recent 2014 Redlands examples and ran into the same problem (ie. no start rule).  When I reverted to a version of the 2014 Redlands rule files from a few months ago, it worked without issue...and the weird thing is that I see no appreciable difference between the two.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Michael,

What version of CE are you running?

Is there a specific rule that gives that error?

Chris

0 Kudos
MichaelGall
New Contributor

I'm running v2014.1 and the rule that was giving me problems was "Points to Trees"

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So you are running newest CE version and newest Redlands Example. I'll do the same, and look at the points to trees.

0 Kudos