Texture shows in preview but not in viewport

10-28-2014 06:47 AM
AlexandruVasile
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I have made some modifications to a roof rule initially intended to randomly add a chimney.

I added a texture. The weird thing is that the preview shows me the roof with the texture,

but when I assign it to a lot it does not show the texture.roof_texture.jpg

I have attached a print-screen and the rule

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I put your rule into my scene, and a couple of textures in the locations  as you do. I don't encounter your problem, unfortunately.

Here's some thoughts:

- I see no version in the rule, which should cause you to have a compiler error. What version of CE are you running?

- Sometimes I've had problems trying to apply textures from anything other than the assets folder.

- You are using absolute paths to the textures, which is not a great strategy in general.

So those are just thoughts, not solutions. If you can't figure this out, I would like to see the project file if possible. Please let me know if you do or don't solve this. I'm following this discussion now.

Chris

0 Kudos
AlexandruVasile
New Contributor II

I am using version 2014.0

So all I have to do is write in the beginning of the rule?:

version "2014.0"

Because if that is the case, it still does not work.

And to change to relative paths all I have to do is remove the project name from the path?

roof_tex= "assets/roof-texture2.jpg"

instead of

roof_tex= "MyFirstCity1/assets/roof-texture2.jpg"

?

I did that, no difference.

I also moved the texture to the assets folder, no difference.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm. Since it worked on my machine, the next step is you dropbox me your entire project file, and I try running it on 2014.0, since I tried it on 2014.1. I would need the exact project as it stands so that when it is opened, it shows the building in question. No services except dropbox please. Let me know.

0 Kudos
AlexandruVasile
New Contributor II

I don't know what the issues was.

When I applied the rule to another footprint (another shape file), it worked.

Even though I initially applied the rule to a shape from one of the tutorials.

Thanks for the help:)

0 Kudos