Syntax? CE 2015.0: CGA Rule (innerRectangle)

Jump to solution
10-09-2019 02:53 AM
AndrewDeighton1
New Contributor

HI! I only have access to CityEngine 2015.0, after reading through the online documentation I know I would need to execute following line in CityEngine 2019:

innerRectangle(edge) {shape: thingA | remainder: thingB}

How do I replicate this in CityEngine 2015.0? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Note: I have combed through the 2015.0 offline manual and forums to no avail.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

innerRectangle did not exist in 2015.0, and it's not possible to reproduce its result using 2015.0.  You can try to use the old, deprecated operation innerRect, which is similar but is not guaranteed to produce the same result as innerRectangle.  You cannot get the remainder shape using innerRect, and the result will probably be more similar to alignment=scope than alignment=edge.

You can try to replace your above code with (but it will probably be a different result):

innerRect
thingA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

innerRectangle did not exist in 2015.0, and it's not possible to reproduce its result using 2015.0.  You can try to use the old, deprecated operation innerRect, which is similar but is not guaranteed to produce the same result as innerRectangle.  You cannot get the remainder shape using innerRect, and the result will probably be more similar to alignment=scope than alignment=edge.

You can try to replace your above code with (but it will probably be a different result):

innerRect
thingA
0 Kudos