Sign in to ArcGIS Online option unavailable

10-24-2012 07:46 AM
CraigSturzaker1
New Contributor II
Hello,

I've downloaded the trial version of City Engine and would like to publish a 3d scene to ArcGIS Online, but the File -> Sign in option is greyed out, along with 'Share As..' and 'ArcGIS Online..'

I have set the proxy server under Preferences, and when I go to Help -> Download Tutorials and Examples, it does load the list of tutorials and examples, however when I select something to download I get an Error which says:
'Downloading Tutorials and Examples...' has encountered a problem.  ago-item-storage-s3.amazonaws.com.  As I'm not getting the 'Cannot connect to internet' error I get when I don't have the proxy set, I assume the connection is ok.

I am however able to sign in to my ArcGIS Online account in ArcMap on the same PC.

Is the ability to upload to ArcGIS Online unavailable in the trial version, or is there something else going wrong..?

Thanks,
Craig
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

There are some issues still with the AGOL access and we're thinking about tackling these issues shortly.

Did you sign into AGOL inside CE ?

If this all fails, you still can manually upload your 3ws scenes to your AGOL account as described in my post of October 16th 2012 here:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/68174-downloading-tutorials-and-examples

Let me know if this helps !

matt
0 Kudos
CraigSturzaker1
New Contributor II
Hi Matt

Thanks for the update.

No, I'm not able to sign into AGOL in CE, the sign in option is greyed out.  I've only been able to successfully log in from ArcGIS.

I was able to upload the scene in AGOL.  What I'm actually want to do is use the 'Share As' option (which is also greyed out) so I can save as a CE Web Scene package and run it from my local webserver.  I understand this is possible to do from the help.

Thanks,
Craig
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

That seems indeed to be a proxy login issue.

We're currently in the preparations of a possible SR, it's not yet sure when that would be available. If so, proxy testing will be an important task. This then should fix your issue.

Thanks for reporting your issue. Meanwhile, use the workaround..

Matt
0 Kudos