Selecting Objects using one of their object attributes

Jump to solution
11-01-2012 09:20 AM
ScottFujikawa
New Contributor III
Hi,
Is it possible to select multiple objects using one of their attributes as a filter? I need to reverse certain faces on multiple polygons.
Thanks
Scott
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

I created a new sticky thread. This will help you.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/70604-CGA-Reversing-Lot-normals

Let me know if it works.

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Shapes can be selected based on attributes, yes. But that must be done with Python.

If you want to select specific faces of shapes, I think that is currently not possible..

What is the precise task you need to do ?
0 Kudos
ScottFujikawa
New Contributor III
Hi Matthias,

I am importing a group of roof shapes created from geo data base files into CE. I am trying to colorize these rooftops according to values taken from the metadata, similar to what I have done in ArcMap using symbology. I successfully created a rule that correctly colors the roof shapes but I have discovered that some of the shapes in the group are reversed and some aren't. The ones that are reversed won't show up in the Web scene because of the back face culling it does. The ones that are reversed have a specific attribute that I hope I could use to select them so I can reverse those polygons all at once. There are too many affected polygons to reverse manually one by one.

Best,
Scott
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

I created a new sticky thread. This will help you.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/70604-CGA-Reversing-Lot-normals

Let me know if it works.

Matt
0 Kudos
ScottFujikawa
New Contributor III
Hi Matthias,

Thank you very much for your reversing rule. It unfortunately didn't address my concern with correcting the reversed faces, probably because I did not extrude the shapes in CE. I'm sure it will be very helpful for future projects. I did figure out how to select just the shapes that were reversed.  Those shapes all had the same type name, and in the Scene Content Window, I realized that you can select the elements by name.

Learn something new everyday.

Thank you again,
Scott
0 Kudos