Problem with CityEngine -> Unity Tutorial in Sticky

07-27-2013 10:13 AM
PhilMcCarty
New Contributor
Hi,

I've been bumping into a bit of the problem exporting from CityEngine using the sticky in this thread. (My endpoint is Unity).

I'm running the 2012 City Advanced, and I have the same problem whether in a Mac or Windows environment. (I'm currently simply trying to export one of the sample projects they install for you, the Medieval 64bit city).

After configuring the offset points, and hitting export, I receive the following error, regardless of whether I am in Windows or Mac.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Phil

---
Error while running '/Example_Medieval_City__2010_3/scripts/exportScene.py'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/phil/CityEngine/Example_Medieval_City__2010_3/scripts/exportScene.py", line 125, in <module>
    startExport.startExport(EXPORT_LOCATION, offset, DEFAULT_TERRAIN_LAYER, DEFAULT_BUILDINGS_LAYER, DEFAULT_ROADS_LAYER)
  File "/Users/phil/CityEngine/Example_Medieval_City__2010_3/scripts/sceneExportParts/startExport.py", line 130, in startExport
    exportTerrain.exportTerrain(getTerrainLayerName(DEFAULT_TERRAIN_LAYER), terrainExportLocation, "terrainImageExport", offset)
  File "/Users/phil/CityEngine/Example_Medieval_City__2010_3/scripts/sceneExportParts/exportTerrain.py", line 243, in exportTerrain
    resU, resV, terrainOriginString = getLayerResolution(terrainLayerName)
  File "/Users/phil/.CityEngine/2012.1R.cocoa.macosx.x86_64/jythonCache/scripting.py", line 35, in wrapper
    raise uirunnable.ex
AttributeError: 'com.procedural.ceattribute.PixmapAttribute' object has no attribute 'getTexture'
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi Phil,

I did not try the tutorial myself yet, but from what I know they use a specific naming convention of the layers.

Try renaming all layers involved exactly as in the tutorial.

let me know how it goes.

matt
0 Kudos